No, the requirements to take the Laser Hair Removal Course are as follows:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Provide proof of secondary education (high school diploma/GED or equivalent)
- Clear a background check
An individual who has applied for and obtained a certificate issued by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) may operate a Laser Hair Removal Device.
There are four (4) levels of laser hair removal personnel each requiring different levels of training.
- Laser Hair Removal Apprentice-In-Training
- Laser Hair Removal Technician
- Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician
- Laser Hair Removal Professional
Yes, the didactic portion of the course can be taken online. This is known as the 40 hr. Apprentice-In-Training.
The Laser Hair Removal Course can be completed in 40 hrs. online along with 8 hrs. of hands-on training in person.
You may register for the Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician Certification after obtaining a Laser Hair Removal Technician License from TDLR.
The Senior Laser Hair Removal Technician Course can be completed in 8 hours.